2.15.2009
Pillows Galore
One detail about Lyle is that he LOVES his pillows. He doesn't love any pillow. He loves GOOD pillows. When we got married, Lyle had the job of hunting down the perfect mattress. As he was doing this, he would lay on the pillows that the mattress store had on display with the mattresses. These stores ONLY use the perfect pillows to make the testing experience all the more perfect. Lyle was realizing, as I soon did too, that these pillows were all latex. On average, I bet a good quality latex pillow costs about $60-$75. We could NOT afford this in our state of debt at the beginning of marriage. We can't really afford that now either, but after buying really sub par pillows TWICE, we finally broke and bought two latex pillows online. After Lyle made the purchase, it was all he could think about. I would venture to say it interfered with his ability to focus and study in class. Finally our pillows came after two or three days of waiting impatiently. Here is how they compared to the "best" pillows we currently were using.
Not only are the new pillows longer, but they are of course thicker, and have a lot more give.
Unfortunately, we got these pillows in early January, and they have already gotten thinner, but they are still "springy" enough for me. Someday Lyle will have his perfect pillow and I'm sure he will search every year until he finds it, which means we will keep accumulating pillows. I'm betting that if we have visitors, there will ALWAYS be extra pillows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can completely agree. I only use latex pillows too. They are springy and form right to your head. I can't sleep well on any other pillow. Sleep--I wish I could get some. :)
Thanks for the tip on the latex pillows...we have one set of pillows we like but I cut the tags of because tags bug me and we never knew what they were made of....they are extra springy compared to ALL of our other pillows! Matt is also a connoisseur of pillows.
Good to know that you will have some extra pillows for when we come to stay. ;)
Lyle,
I miss you and your fancy pillows.
Hank
Post a Comment