11.20.2006

Sick day...

So I am taking a sick day. Am I sick? Yes. Am I too sick to work? Probably not. Am I too sick to go to work and deal with what I have to deal with everyday at work? Most definitely, YES. Do I have other things of possibly a higher priority to do than to work on this fine Monday? Most definitely, YES. Will I use my time wisely on this sick day to complete everything on my task at hand? Most likely, no. Will I still be glad I took this sick day to relax? YES. Will I work only two days this week since it is the week of the historic pilgrimage and turkey fest? YES.

Here is wrap-up of the past two weeks since I have been tres tres busy!

Anthony had his championship football game. AND THEY WON! They were victorious, we did sit out in the cold and rain for a VERY long time, our feet were frozen, but Anthony made some MAJOR MAJOR tackles that you could hear from the stands. He was amped to play on a real high school field under the lights, plus he got a medal. It was announced as one of the happiest days of his life.








I look so weird in the pics because I had two hats on (my beanie, under my hat...it's a fashion statement all must follow). My favorite part of the night was Lyle's comments for sure. He is what you call an athlete and his number used to be 42 as well (side note). The best was when we watched Anthony's highlights the following Sunday and heard Lyle and my comments in the background...classic.





Then Lupe and Rick were back off to Californication. Hence, I became the mama once again. Luckily ya-ya had a babysitter for most of the weekend. I dropped her off Thursday afternoon...phew! Anthony, on the other hand, had a BIG and BUSY week ahead of him which meant more work for me...YES! He had 10 missing assignments due plus a big Science exam on Thursday! Needless to say that in addition to Lyle's football game on Tuesday night, my weekly meetings that I had to attend for work, and studying with Anthony until late at night and early in the morning caused me to fall a little under the weather. That is my conclusion anyway. So Anthony was at his friend's for the weekend and I attempted to rest it up.


With my busy week and stress...Lyle was so very good to me, but I managed to completely space it...here is how THAT happened:
I wanted to see Lyle on Thursday night, but it just couldn't happen. We both had crazy schedules and couldn't meet up. So I was sad, but determined to get through to Friday. After the gym on Friday, I returned Lyle's calls and he told me to call him after I was done getting ready so that we could hang out. I ran errands, rushed home, showered, and called him. He said he was coming over. I gave him a great big hug and kiss, then said that I my blood sugar levels were VERY low and that I needed food ASAP. So we proceeded to leave, but as we walked out the door Lyle said, "So they were corny right? They were too cheesy." I am thinking really fast, but very confused so I respond with, "what?" They he goes on to say, "I get it. They were too corny. You're not a flowers girl, I get it." So then I connect everything...there were flowers on the counter, but I assumed they were my roommates. No one knows my address, it wasn't my birthday, and nobody had died. I just assumed they weren't mine, and I don't read other people's cards. So I run past him and go back into my apartment to read the card. It says, "I need you...the Lyle". So as he is laughing, I give him a big kiss and hug again. We are both laughing and I tell him that I'm sorry I just didn't realize they were mine. He is realizing that my blood sugar REALLY must be low and that I am not a flowers girl. I am fighting him back explaining that I LOVE flowers, but NOT carnations and that if he ever gets me a carnation he is DEAD. Throughout the night, he still joked about it. It was really hilarious and maybe you had to be there, but WHAT A STORY. LOL...the best thing about it was that it wasn't just roses...anyone who knows me knows that I do NOT like corny, but this was sooo cute and not a bit corny. "I need you" means almost enough as "I love you" to me. Who knows how far we are from that big phrase...agh!


Then Saturday night was spent with the Ya-Ya's...minus Kiki of course. Kiks we missed you! No worries we did talk about you (some good, some bad...ha...j/k). Kari, Ciara, Karlee, and Jamie all together again with their boys. It was so fun to see them and catch up. Conversations were like they have always been: arguing about who's right and who's wrong, who kissed whom, how many times, how the circle of friends is all connected, who's husband like who's wife back in the day, how many times we got in trouble for sneaking out, sleeping at boys houses, ratting out each other...we truly are sisters. We have had our ups and our downs, our celebrations and tragedies, friendships and betrayals, pmsing and loving! There is so much more to come and I can't wait for the fifth sister, my true sister, Kiki to join the circle once again. The sad truth of it all is that Jamie will move across the country, Kiks will stay across the country, maybe the bluth girls will stick around in this vacinity for the near future, but after that it's back down south, and as far as I go? WHO KNOWS! Will I end up with the Lyle, following my lover to dental school? Will I end up in graduate school knowing no one and in a new world? Will I still be stuck in the CH doing rec programs to increase the quality of life in this small town? Who knows! I do know that these girls are my blood...circa 1992...what a great year that brought me to all of them. I am so blessed. I love them all!

Oh...best quote of the night: (as we gals are talking about how much a brazilian waxing hurts and if it's worth it...) Kent (Karlee's hub) asks does what hurt? Then Brett (jamie's hub) pipes in and says, "Oh it doesn't hurt...they're talking about lasik. It's no big deal man." To which all of us girls busted up laughing b/c lasik and brazilian? SO NOT THE SAME THING!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

You make me laugh out loud CC...

OK First off all.. days off, when you know you get more days off in the later of the week are the BEST...

second of all, beautiful flowers. NO carnations - I laughged as I am the same way! Also so not cheezy.. but you want cheeze??? Listen to this..."I hope these flowers help our friendship bloom"... I got those before brian and my second date - before we were engaged. nice corny!! I am surprised I even continued that relationship!! j/k

THIRD of all - LOVE the hat, LOVE the Lyle!!

jamie said...

I need a new post, totally bored at work!

oldie but goodie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin