2.21.2007

My apologies

I am sorry to say that no photographs were taken this weekend. Sadly the camera did not leave my bag once and I know you are all tres dissapointed, but there was too much action and fun to be had without having to worry about taking pics! I mean, I am pretty sure I will have plenty of time to take pics with the fam or of the fam or of Granite Bay in the future. So no worries, all in good time you will see what I saw.

The trip started out on Friday as our flight dropped into Sacramento. We were flying southwest on free points (thanks marv!) so we had to stop in the Vegas. This wasn't too bad, but mcLyle and I had issues with paying attention to the correct gate. BOTH times we almost missed our flight because we were sitting in the WRONG gate. WTF? Luckily, we landed and with sweaty palms, an upset stomach, and heavy breathing, we met the Suburban. Lyle put my stuff in back and I opened the back seat to an open armed Lorna (from the driver's seat). So I went for the hug of course which was not awkward (unless you count the actual position we were in). We had to wait for Lyle's younger brother, Bryan, to land so we ended up driving around and waiting for him. This was a good time to chat with Lorna and get to know her. We talked about books, traveling, our Disney Cruise, and our plans for the weekend. She was surprised that I wore glasses (can't travel with my contacts in due to pressure change), and my long dark hair. She said Lyle never really described me which is so Lyle. He is pretty private I guess.

That night, we drove home for a quick bite. The house is any typical home of 8. I gave hugs as greetings to the fam and we all ate the food before we left to go to Fiddler on the Roof. If you remember correctly, this was the exact thing Lyle and I did on our first date. We shared this with the rest of the family and Lorna loved it. She was a drama major at BYU, so she has directed this film and was excited to see it again. It was fun to watch, but so so tiring (as Lyle and I had been traveling all afternoon and were still an hour ahead of everyone else). Then it was home and to sleep!

Saturday we woke up early to get to Peter's (Lyle's 9 year old brother) basketball game. This was SO fun to watch! They were cute and competitive and I liked it! Granite Bay looked so beautiful in the day (as this was the first I got to really see it). If I could describe it through my previous landscape experiences, I would say it is southern california roads, sidewalks, landscaping, mixed with Colorado vegetation and Southern cali/Utah homes. It's wierd I know. That's what I came up with. After the game, we went back home to chill. Guitar hero was unleashed and the family LOVED it. Too bad we took it back to Provo because it got MAJOR playing time in the Schofield abode. Then the boys went off to buy a bass guitar and amp while Lorna and I prepared for Kevin's (Lyle's 18 year old brother) Eagle Court of Honor to be held on Sunday. This was another opportunity for us to chat and help clean house. Man, 6 kids plus a husband can really clutter a house quick! Luckily, I have the frame of mind that things should be in organized piles...LOL. Saturday night was spent ordering dinner for takeout and then running errands with Lyle to get stuff for Sunday. After we ate yummy bbq takeout, we hung out with some friends that came over and hit the hay.

Sunday, we woke up, had yummy french toast for breakfast (how did Lorna know?), and went to Stake Conference. Of course Lyle had people from every other row saying hi and oh how we've missed you! LOL...he is so loveable that they can't help but miss him. Sunday afternoon we were again trying to prepare for the court of honor. THEN, the honorary aunt came over who was so dang funny. She's all like, "let's get down to business. Sit here so I can grill you." She loved it even more because I wasn't avoiding it or holding back. I was like, "tell me what you want to know!" Luckily Lyle and I found time to drive out to the "country" (about 15 minutes away) to visit a high school friend and his wife and kids. This was quite the experience. The land was beautiful AND they had kids and their own house...CRAZY! I love seeing Lyle amongst buddies and what he grew up with.

Finally we had the Court of Honor. Lyle and I raced to get dressed, eat dinner, and meet everyone over at the church. We filled balloons with the helium tank and set up shop for the event. After the court of honor we had our treats, cleaned up, and went home to watch the all star game. This was fun, but we were pooped. Man, watching Lyle and his dad talk sports (ANY sports) is comedic. They are both so animated and full of energy! Lorna and I just sit there and agree or disagree and give our two cents.

Monday, Lyle and I woke up to go running. We ran through neighborhoods and up to his alma mater. We ran a few miles around the track and then he started showing me around campus saying, "this is new, this is where this happened", etc. Then we met up with Lyle's old football coach. We walk in the door and Coach Coop says, "Oh my gosh! Lyle Schofield, the greatest player of all time!" LOL...it was hilarious. His dad specifically explained the type of athlete Lyle was to me. Apparently he was a big shot because he always did what the coaches/dads told him to do. He gets embarassed, but I just hope he has enough of those genes to pass onto our kids because that will be fun! After our run, we wen to see Bridge to Terebithia with the kids. It was a cute movie, but we barely made it to the airport on time for Bryan to catch his flight (his was before ours) since we had a flat tire when we got out. YIKES! Lorna actually climbed under the hood of the car to look at it with Lyle yelling at her to get out. LOL...it was pretty funny. Typical Lorna he says.

The flight was a series of CRAZINESS! Our Sacramento flight got delayed about 30 minutes. THEN, our Vegas flight got delayed 2 1/2 hours! This they said was due to a "storm", but I think it was mostly due to the stupid private planes that were in vegas for the basketball stuff. We didn't actually get home until 3am. AWESOME. All in all, the weekend was fun. I had a good time, the family was super easy to get along with, and Granite bay is beautiful. I feel much more confident in what will happen in the future and where I could live. Sacramento is close enough to the ocean, the mountains, and is green all over. Now, I am super stoked for the cruise! Disney cruise here we come: T minus 5 weeks exactly...YES!

9 comments:

Karlee said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend meeting the fam! I don't know if I could be as brave as you...

Karlee said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend meeting the fam! I don't know if I could be as brave as you...

Jeni said...

ALRIGHT, lets get serious here... I almost didn't read when I saw that you had no pics... CC... very disapointing being busy or not... whatev... ok moving on.... So where's the ring? If ya'll are plannin your kiddies and where to live... wheres the ring? I am so glad it went well thouhg - YOu can meet any family and they will love you though - Kinda different but mine loved you.. rememebr that canada trip? HA that was histarical! dress up much? ha!

Lula. said...

Miss C---

Can I just tell you how much I love you. Even though there were no pics, I so enjoyed the summary of "Vaca to Grantie Bay". Of course his family loved you...how could they not. Man. You are so awesome. I am still planning on lunch sometime next week. You in?
Love L

jamie said...

OKAY but really...the advantages of them are amazing. Especially when you are young like us! Bc lets face it, our 30th & 40th bdays will be here before we know it!

jamie said...

HEY I posted on ya-ya. Take a break and post back.

jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara Fears said...

YES! I'm so glad the trip to meet the fam was a success! We DO need a date night! I'm already in withdrawals of Guitar Hero! Plus I need to get to know McLyle better!

jamie said...

Yep, its true...I totally laughed when I saw your post about guitar heroes. I know I know the braces are off, but lets face it--we are totally dorks for life...

oldie but goodie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin