Poor Lyle did everything right except we got the wrong location of the venue. After calling up my mom and mapquesting the right location, we finally made it. We were 15 minutes late, but no big deal right? The performance was fun and always makes me feel like I am "home" wherever I am. I have seen the Nutcracker too many times to count (including the year I participated in the San Diego Ballet Company's performances) and each time I see someone do something a little different with it. It's great and luckily Lyle liked too. He'd never seen it, but we have added it as our family tradition!
Part two: The Melting Pot (a fondue restaurant)
Lyle had been before, but I never had. What were we celebrating you ask? We were still a little behind on Celebrating Lyle getting into dental school with the busy holiday schedule. So we made our Christmas date and Celebration date a GOOD one. The Melting Pot isn't as nice here as it is in Utah (apparently), but the food is JUST AS TASTY. The meal took a little over 2 hours and was worth every penny. MMM...I can still taste the shrimp and the yummy pound cake dipped in the smores chocolate fondue (not together of course). Last year I made fondue for Lyle for a separate occasion, so we decided to make this another new tradition. Fondue every Christmas! BOOYA!
Why else was this such a GRAND evening? Two things: 1)December 22 marks our 6 month anniversary. We're both not into little anniversaries, but when we realized this we were shocked we'd made it that far already...CRAZY! LOL...hopefully we can double, triple, and even quadruple that right? 2) We came home and watched our tivo'd BYU bowl game which they WON. DOUBLE BOOYA! Go Cougs!
1 comment:
Fondue is so good! I bet Lyle loves it now!
Post a Comment