Needless to say He's been getting a good laugh at us recently.
We were on our way out to New York ready to go for May 15. We were getting the cars ready to sell, we were mentally preparing for this great big change, and we were getting serious about where we wanted to live. To our dismay, Lyle ended up wait-listed for the research program. Apparently more than the usual signed up this year. Who knows if he still really has a chance to get in (he will be making that call this week), but we are now planning for a post-poned trip out there. We expect to move in August 1. His classes start the third week of August so that would give us plenty of time to settle in. The only thing that would get us out there earlier at this point would of course be a last minute acceptance into the research program, OR b) if I got a CRAZY good job offer that I couldn't pass up.
There are many benefits of not having to move there until the end of the summer:
- Saving money on rent
- Not having to use our savings to SURVIVE, but being able to rely more on student loans once we get out there
- More time to sell our cars
- More golf time this summer in good ole' Kentucky (my personal favorite)
- More time for vacations (hopefully we can make it to England and down to Key West to visit the Gramminator
- More time to figure out a job for me
- Earn extra money staying here in Louisville
Besides that, Lyle's Kaplan teaching is coming to an end so now I get my husband back for the summer. He is a hard worker and I can already tell that Dental school will be hard for me to deal with, but at least I am getting a little used to it now. Only 4-6 years right?!
Finally, we are enjoying the NBA playoffs (we are in a spurs-Ciara/suns-Lyle fight by the way). We don't watch many games during the season, but the Decker Family and the Lyle Schofield are AVID watchers of the playoff season, and as we are on the EAST coast, we get to enjoy games that START at 10PM. This is ruining my sleeping patterns, but I can last another month right?
That's the update! I'll keep it coming. BOOYA for summer is all I care about these days.
3 comments:
ok good luck on NYC.. but more importantly... I am on the Lyle side of it.. I hate HATE the spurs and really I wouldn't be upset if the Suns took the whole thing!
I am so glad that you are staying through the summer. I am going to miss you guys THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS much!
Good luck on the NYC thing!!! Okay first, I need to call you. Second I want to comment on the post below (once I have a new post I never check for comments below it so I am commenting up here) When people ask what happened to your knee, tell them something really crazy with a straight face, like I fell off a ladder while building a rainbow, or I fell off a unicorn or something. My friend who hurt her shoulder began doing this when we are out together and it TOTALLY makes my day, SOOO-O funny. You would be the best at that!!!
Post a Comment