These last two weeks or so I have been consumed with my first ever attempt to plan a bridal shower.
At first I thought it would be pretty easy and fun. Then as I started the planning (because I have to have it planned to the last second), I started to get overwhelmed. I had to pick a theme...but when I did, I realized there wasn't too much to do with it.
Pears, wouldn't you know, aren't as popular as one would think. I only found one flavored pear candy and that was a super expensive Jelly Belly. I found a few recipes, but there isn't much variety, and since I wanted something simple and easy, it was somewhat difficult to decide on the menu. I finally decided: Rasberry Pear salad, Pear Pie, and Chocolate Covered Pears.
As the week of the shower rolled around, I became more and more nervous because I didn't know how I was going to pull it off all by myself. Then a friend swooped in to help with the paper products and ice, Lyle agreed to help me take the first batch of stuff down on Friday night, and I felt a little more relieved. I wasn't even stressed about it that Saturday morning, since I only had one more thing to prepare. I got to Betsy's, prepped a little, then it was all ready! The party started and I was ready to enjoy!
It was fun and even though million people were supposed to come, it was a little more intimate instead (thank goodness I didn't have to pretend to talk to all those people), and there was even leftover food.
Lucky Lyle got it for dinner on Sunday!
Here's to the happy couple. We are so glad they are staying in our ward and were blessed with a SWEET apartment. We love you guys and can't wait for you to enjoy your life together. The journey is so much more fun with a friend.
At first I thought it would be pretty easy and fun. Then as I started the planning (because I have to have it planned to the last second), I started to get overwhelmed. I had to pick a theme...but when I did, I realized there wasn't too much to do with it. As the week of the shower rolled around, I became more and more nervous because I didn't know how I was going to pull it off all by myself. Then a friend swooped in to help with the paper products and ice, Lyle agreed to help me take the first batch of stuff down on Friday night, and I felt a little more relieved. I wasn't even stressed about it that Saturday morning, since I only had one more thing to prepare. I got to Betsy's, prepped a little, then it was all ready! The party started and I was ready to enjoy!
4 comments:
I think the pear idea is really cute. I am impressed you put on a bridal shower. It seems like so much work, but I am sure your friends were super appreciative. Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks. Although, I still don't think Sean has gotten tickets.
ah, cute!!! I love the pear idea!
You are very creative that is so cute! I agree planning showers and pulling them off is a ton of work!
Wow! I'm impressed. Nice job. And, the invitations look fantastic, by the way.
Post a Comment