8.02.2010

Texans take Time Square and more!

Post-hamptons, we went to see Wicked, one of my favs! Exactly how long should I wait to see it again?

Here the girls take their first subway ride!



Karlee mentioned not only her desire to "run into" Kelly, but also random trivia about where she lived, what she thought, etc. This ad was the closest Karlee got to hanging out with Kelly. P.S. When Lyle saw this pic, he thought Karlee was excited to touch her tush. LOL. That makes it even better because I'm sure if Karlee could, she would! Right Karlee?!

We walked around time square and got a bite to eat at Junior's (gotta love that cheesecake).




We cabbed it home most days (ok, maybe all days).


Day 2: walking and shopping

Here's Jamie's "Mood Design & Fabrics" from Project Runway. Clearly I don't watch enough "important" television to understand the significance of many things in the City.

Karlee was STARVING for a hot dog. She was the prego gal that was hungry every hour on the hour, but then food didn't taste all that good. Really she would have been happy with a pickle for each meal. Our New York pickles didn't suffice. Sorry Karlee!

This one's for mama wilkes (Jamie's mom). I forget how exciting it can be to see random filming on the streets.

The closest we got to the statue of liberty

Bryant park was a new spot for me to visit.

I'd seen it all done up from Fall Fashion Week with the tent, but not just as an empty park. We sat (for a while) while the prego's rested their feet.

On the steps of the New York Public Library (which I still haven't visited inside). It was closed. So we just roared with the Lion for a moment.

The fake loot in FRONT of Saks. I couldn't believe they were so close. I've never seen them out in the open in front of Saks before. I must say, they look pretty real from a distance, but it's easy to see how fake they are up close.

Rockefeller Center



"You're fired" from the Trump Tower in midtown. They swore he would just walk out. I tried to explain that there were many buildings he owns, but they were pretty sure that was his "main" building he worked out. What do I know? It's another show that I don't watch and know nothing about!

Louis Vuitton's display on their store corner.  I don't know how long it's been up, but I LOVE it! This is the closest I've been to the Eiffel tower (for now).

With the flash, it lit up!

Karlee hates the yanks (for good reason). GO METS!

Bloomingdales

How excited we were about our trip so far? 
Sidenote: we took this pic (amongst others) in the median of the street. must have looked like fools!

No comments:

oldie but goodie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin