8.01.2010

ya-ya's come to town

I was corrected, I should say the "petite ya-ya's come to town". The first thing we did when Jamie and Karlee came to town? Headed to the beach. I figured we could relax the first day before we did all the touristy things.

It's rated #1 for a reason! The parking lot isn't even halfway full at the peak of the day on a FRIDAY! Then, when you're sitting down enjoying the rays, you can't hear anything but the waves crashing on the beach. No music, no kids screaming, no obnoxious teens, no nothing. I love it.
The prego petite ya-ya's.

the non-prego petite ya-ya (although my belly pokes out like I am - what can I say, I love my food)

Please ignore my chubby body. I was adamant about keeping my body red free, so I was making sure Karlee spread sunscreen all over and I thought Jamie was helping. When i found this pic, I had to laugh. Clearly Jamie wasn't helping, but was posing instead. It's like the same picture from 15 years ago, always the same silly Jamie. I love it.

Karlee to the left started out as my sister, Kiersten's, best friend when we moved to Louisiana in 1992. I became best friends with her older sister as well, Kari (supposed to come on the trip too, but couldn't). We lived down the street and became inseparable until we moved away. That means I've known Karlee for 18 years?! What the? It's true.
Jamie came a little later. I met her just as early I think, but we didn't become bffe's until 6th grade, at Sherwood Middle School (Go Falcons!), which was 16 years ago?! Yep, it's safe to say these are the oldest friends I have (including Kari). They're basically sisters.

Karlee's due in January. Jamie's due in November. The day before Karlee came, she found out she's having a boy! and Jamie a girl!

Danielle was fun to have along too. Between Karlee almost fainting (no joke) and the pregos needing multiple bathroom breaks and snacks, Danielle had some good alone time. She was a great navigator, photographer, and company. Hopefully we can get together and bring the boys back in September after the chaos of boards.

this girl is truly an artist.

see what I mean about jamie? love her.

we found tons of extra large sea shells on the shore. what was surprising was the amount of jellyfish that washed up to the shore. they were dead of course and just their body washed up, with the disconnected tentacles in the sea somewhere. it was so random.

We couldn't head home without a stop at our new favorite ice cream shop. I made sure to get a pint of birthday cake batter for Lyle with some frozen water bottles to keep it cold the whole drive home. It was a great beach day, perfect for kicking off our ya-ya weekend!

2 comments:

jamie said...

Yea!!! I'm so excited to see all of these pictures! Next time we do NYC though/any girls weekend....I'm going to NOT be pregnant!

Karlee said...

Love the pics! Makes me wish almost that we were back (mainly so we COULD see Bethanny....). But I'm just thinking....did Danielle have a swimsuit on? I'm JUST noticing and wondering....ALSO have we really known each other 18 YEARS??? WOWZA! Family is RIGHT! WOW that's ALMOST TWO decades...thank you Camalot!

oldie but goodie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin