This was my 3rd time to the open. I plan on making it every single year before we have to leave. This year, we did it right, purchasing men's quarterfinal tickets back in June (for our anniversary gift) to enjoy in September. The only thing I would have changed about the entire evening was the weather (so windy and cold for the first week of September). As we entered, we walked around Flushing Meadows to our stadium (there are many tennis courts out here). You could already see the beautiful trees changing colors. Two days after getting back from Miami, this was our PERFECT start to the Fall season.
We went to see Nadal vs. Verdasco. It was quite the match!
As the sun set, the lights went up, and I could barely contain my excitement.
Game. Set. Match.
We realized we were so cold during the match that we didn't think to take a photo. So here we are happy to be warm riding the train back home. Can't wait to go back next year to the finals?!









4 comments:
So much fun!
So jealous!! Definitely a "to-do" for me someday!!! p.s. did you know you're coming to visit me in 4 days?!?!
sidenote: the word they make me type in at the bottom of this in order for the comment to go through is "pampons"...wow...
Love Lyle's outfit in these photos!! I love the open too! It's the only reason I look forward to the start of fall! Without it, it would be hard to say goodbye to summer!
So jealous, I would die to do that once let alone 3 times. Good for you for taking advantage of living by things like that!
Post a Comment